The accountant must have a detailed knowledge of the principles enunciated in this particular area of practice. For that reason, it would be a huge mistake to select an accountant who does not comprehend family law and the related financial issues.
Not just any accountant is qualified to perform litigation support services.
A Forensic Accountant should have the following qualities:
- Competence in this specialty area
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Referring attorneys know that Ron J. Anfuso offers all of these attributes.
Attorneys continue to refer their clients to Ron J. Anfuso because:
- Attorneys have confidence in his ability as an expert witness. Ron has testified in court more than 300 times, thoroughly prepares himself before each appearance and knows what to expect from opposing counsel when he is on the witness stand.
- He returns calls within 24 hours. The only exception is the rare occurrence a multi-day trial captures all of his available time. Then, he has staff inform the referring attorney of this and gets back to him/her in his first free moment.
- He keeps referring attorneys informed. Ron sends a copy of each client’s billing statement to the referring attorneys and is quick to respond to their calls and emails.
- He never misses a deadline, unless delayed by something beyond his control (i.e., he is waiting for documents to be obtained through discovery). Even in these cases, he communicates with the attorney well in advance so as to not leave him or her hanging.
- Judges consider him an honest witness. He has been appointed by judges more than 20 times pursuant to Evidence Code §730.
- He is sensitive to his clients’ need to minimize his fees. His hourly rate is typically at least $50 to $100 less than the larger accounting firms with the same or similar experience.
- In addition to achieving the status of CPA, Ron has attained the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) designation. Business valuation is utilized in many dissolution cases, making individuals with this credential an asset to family law attorneys and their clients.
- He has repeatedly demonstrated that he and his team thrive under stressful and time-constricted circumstances.